Monday, February 1, 2010

Haunting Me (inspired by Elle's "Haunting" Single)

The mattress sunk as I felt you begin to crawl from the bed post
…and hover over me like smoke clouds.
I took a deep breath, and the scent of your cologne sent chills down my back…
It felt like your fingertips took a walk down my spine…
Yearning for your touch one last time…
But then I’m reminded you stopped believing in us when I awake to an empty space
Alone
Haunting Me
Alone in a space where memories cling to satin sheets
Sliding through time
Like love songs rolling off tongues
And nape of the neck kisses that took my breath away…
Smelling your essence tucked in my pillow case…
Your side of the bed lay lifeless…
Empty…
Reminding me…
Haunting me…
I’m alone.
You stopped believing in you and me
In us
So please…
Stop haunting me!

No comments: